Friday is here again, where did this week go?! It was a fun and busy one around here but I managed to sneak in some down time, either alone (good) or with a sleeping baby on me (even better), so that made the week seem shorter and a bit more relaxing.
I've rounded up a few of my Friday Favorites for you but first wanted to share a quick update on our little lady! Penelope turned two months on Tuesday the 10th. Um, two months. Still wondering how that happened. She is a dream baby, with behavior and patterns so similar to Olivia. They are alike in so many ways. I'm excited to see how they differ as Poppy gets a little older.
Penelope weighs 12 lbs 11 oz (81st %) and is 22.5 inches long (51st %). She has fallen into a nice little routine and just last week started sleeping through the night a solid 8-10 hours. She's my little night owl (my best friend recently reminded me that she gets that from her Mama!) so she usually doesn't go to bed until 9 or 9:30pm. But then she sleeps until about 7:30 or 8am, so really, I don't at all mind her extra snuggles before bed. Give me all the warm and cozy baby snuggles I can get.
We put Olivia to bed around 8/8:30pm and she sleeps until about the same time (8:30 or 9am) so it gives me a little extra time with just Poppy at night after Via is down and then I get to sleep in each morning, which I firmly believe is one of life's greatest pleasures. Especially coming off the heels of 8 weeks of ... less than quality sleep. Ha. I remember shortly after Olivia was born, I called my mom crying and dramatically said, "I'll never get to sleep in ever again." She calmly reminded me that for everything there is a season and the tide always turns. Two months was the magic number for Olivia as well, when her nighttime sleep increased and we all started getting much needed rest. Already following in her big sister's footsteps.
I'll share more about our wake + sleep routine, how we established it and any tips I have (not that I'm even close to being an expert!) soon, for those of you who have been asking!
And now for some of my favorite things!
1. This dress from Remie Co. Seriously, stripes and floral. Oh my, I couldn't buy just one for Penelope last night when it was released cause I don't ever want her to outgrow it!
2. The Owlet Care baby monitor...have you heard of it yet? The buzz is everywhere and I'm so excited to be featuring one next week on the blog (and...maybe even giving one away)! Genius concept and excellent execution. Especially as an RN, I'm so excited to see how it changes the course of infant health and how we approach sleep and safety with our little ones.
3. Oh gosh, we are pajama obsessed in this house, probably because most days we don't get out of them! I recently picked this pair up for Olivia and she is the cutest thing in them. Bears are probably her favorite thing in the entire world (second only to Poppy Bae) so this was right up her alley. I also picked up this gray bow set and these kitten ones. So fun!
4. Penelope's expressions are the most hilarious thing to all of us these days. I don't know where she even gets them! But she sure knows how to make us laugh.
5. And last but not least, if you follow me on instagram you'll know I have a serious problem when it comes to pretzels of any + every kind, and my favorite treat to pair them with for a little sweet and salty action is Quinn's Parmesan & Rosemary popcorn. Forget everything you think you know about microwave popcorn and give Quinn a try. It's microwave popcorn reinvented and it's on sale at Target this week. If you don't live near one, Amazon offers it at a similar price and with Prime of course you can get free 2-day shipping. The Parmesan & Rosemary and Real Butter & Sea Salt are our favorite flavors. Nothing like warm popcorn and chocolate-covered pretzels. Bonus points if it's a Friday night and you don't have to share it with little hands! And even more points if you're tuned in to Hallmark channel's Christmas movie Countdown like I will be all weekend!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!! Some real fun stuff is coming next week as a little thank you to all of you who read my blog and follow along with our little family! We are humbled and so grateful. XO